Postdoctoral Position in AI and Software Performance Modelling
A two-year Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the field AI and Software Performance Modeling, at York University, Toronto, Canada.
The successful candidate will work under the co-supervision of Prof. Marin Litoiu and Prof. Manos Papagelis on a research project sponsored by IBM and NSERC. The project investigates machine learning and self-optimization algorithms for database workloads. Additional responsibilities include mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, publishing in top venues, interacting with the industrial partner.
- A recent doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a closely related area
- Outstanding research record
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Previous research experience in the fields of Machine Learning and AI, Database Management Systems and/or Workload and Performance Modeling.
Applicants should send their CV and a research statement to Prof. Marin Litoiu, mlitoiu at yorku dot ca. The position is available immediately.
Deadline to apply Feb 20, 2022. The applications are processed as they arrive. Only those applicants selected for consideration will be contacted.
York University (http://www.yorku.ca), situated in the cosmopolitan city of Toronto, is Canada’s third largest university.